Through a strategic partnership, Adaptability Canada will provide ORHMA members with services to drive affordable, high quality solutions to improve customer service for seniors and people with disabilities. The program consists of the following:
- Discounts on consulting solutions to members
- Discounts on accessibility equipment, installation and maintenance
- Construction/equipment solutions for restaurant and hotel/motel
- Educational resources
As part of this program, ORHMA members are offered a 10% discount on Adaptability Canada’s consulting services with varying discounts on other solutions. All of our solutions have been researched to find the highest quality commercial products with industry leading warrantees.
For ORHMA, the program is designed to achieve three distinct goals:
- Assist members in improving customer service standards for people with disabilities and seniors
- Help manage AODA requirements going forward, including building renovations
- Manage both cost and risk associated with accessibility renovations
Consulting Services for ORHMA Members:
- AODA Compliance: Multi-year planning, training, and policies necessary to become and stay compliant with AODA legislation.
- Accessible Property Assessment: A detailed assessment outlining exceptions according to three types of risk: safety, compliance and service. This solution delivers a two-part report:
- A detailed Exceptions Report backed by intensive photo-evidence.
- A Recommendations Report outlining short-, mid- and long-term options for improving specific exceptions.
- Construction Audit: A third-party inspection and opinion on an existing construction project to audit and identify any potential shortfalls in accessible building requirements.
Construction and Financing Services:
- Project Financing: Specifically designed for smaller organizations, financing is available for renovation projects up to $100,000 through Home Depot and loans starting at $250,000 for major capital projects through private sector financing.
- Accessibility Equipment: Province-wide installation, maintenance and service of top quality accessibility equipment such as ramps and automated door openers.
- Accessible Renovations: Adaptability Canada provides turnkey renovation services in partnership with Home Depot Canada and AECON.
For more information, please call Jeff Wilson at 416.450.0310.