Through a strategic partnership, Adaptability Canada will provide OMSSA members within the social housing sector with services to support the growth of affordable, accessible housing in Ontario. Our combined experience has shown the challenges are getting worse rather than better, including:
- Increasing wait times and a growing list of seniors and people with disabilities waiting for accessible, affordable housing.
- Mounting deferred maintenance costs posing a long-term risk to housing stock availability.
- Aging and deteriorating housing stock further impacting availability and driving costs higher for accommodation.
- Growing and unfulfilled demand for new affordable housing.
- Lack of affordable turnkey solutions for non-profit housing to maintain their properties.
By working together, Adaptability Canada and OMSSA will help municipalities and their non-profit housing partners continue to create open, healthy and thriving communities, while maximizing the customer service excellence to seniors and people with disabilities.
As part of this program, OMSSA members are offered a 15% discount on Adaptability Canada’s consulting services. In addition, this program provides access to a variety of high quality, affordable and accessible construction solutions that help to improve service and accessibility of housing.
Consulting Solutions for Public Housing and Non-Profit Organizations:
Portfolio Review: A macro risk assessment of large portfolios of property to identify risk and prioritize investments.
Accessible Property Assessment: A detailed assessment outlining exceptions according to three types of risk: safety, compliance and service. This solution delivers a two-part report:
- A detailed Exceptions Report backed by intensive photo-evidence.
- A Recommendations Report outlining short-, mid- and long-term options for improving specific exceptions.
Construction Audit: A third-party inspection and opinion on an existing construction project to audit and identify any potential shortfalls in accessible building requirements.
Construction and Financing Solutions:
Project Financing: Specifically designed for non-profit organizations, financing is available for renovation projects up to $100,000 through Home Depot and over $250,000 for major capital projects through private sector financing.
Accessibility Equipment: Province-wide installation, maintenance and service of top quality accessibility equipment such as ramps and automated door openers.
Accessible Construction: Adaptability Canada provides turnkey renovation services in partnership with Home Depot Canada and AECON.
For more information, please contact Jeff Wilson, President and CEO of Adaptability Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-450-0310, or use the form below.
“It’s good to see private sector companies making an effort to better serve public housing corporations. Adaptability Canada has presented some innovative new solutions to help improve our ability to better serve seniors and people with disabilities.”
Richard Munn, Manager of Technical Services, Greater Sudbury Housing Corporation